As Christian parents, one of our greatest responsibilities is to pass on our faith to our children through kids bible verses. One way we can do this is by reading and teaching them the beautiful Scriptures found in the Bible.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are Amazon Affiliate links, or other Affiliate Links meaning that if you click through & make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Table of Contents:
Kids Bible Verses Offer Guidance
Not only do these Scriptures offer guidance and wisdom for daily living, but they also help our children develop a love for God and a desire to follow Him. In this article, we will explore 20 beautiful Scriptures that you can read to your kids and discuss with them.
Kids Bible Verses
1. “Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.” – Colossians 3:20
2. “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
3. “But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it.” – 2 Timothy 3:14
4. “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” – Mark 10:14
5. “Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
Wisdom for Daily Living of Kids Bible Verses
6. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” – Deuteronomy 6:5-7
7. “A wise son heareth his father’s instruction: but a scorner heareth not rebuke.” – Proverbs 13:1
8. “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.” – Exodus 20:12
9. “And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up.” – Deuteronomy 6:6-7
10. “Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck.” – Proverbs 1:8-9
Develop A Love for God
11. “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother—which is the first commandment with a promise— so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” – Ephesians 6:1-3
12. “Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck.” – Proverbs 1:8-9
13. “But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” – Matthew 19:14
14. “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” – Ephesians 6:4
15. “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” – 3 John 1:4
Desire to follow Jesus
16. “But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” – Matthew 19:14
17. “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” – Ephesians 6:4
18. “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” – 3 John 1:4
19. “The righteous lead blameless lives; blessed are their children after them.” – Proverbs 20:7
20. “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” – Proverbs 9:10
Did You Enjoy the Bible Verses?
Words of Affirmation Workbook For Your Children
Words of Affirmation to Teach Your Children” is a workbook designed to help parents and caregivers communicate positive messages to children using affirmations. The workbook provides guidance and exercises to help parents develop the habit of speaking positive affirmations to their children and teach them the importance of positive self-talk.
The workbook includes practical strategies for using affirmations to build self-esteem, confidence, and resilience in children. It also includes examples of affirmations that parents can use to encourage their children and help them develop a positive self-image.
Through interactive exercises, the workbook guides parents in identifying their children’s strengths and using affirmations to reinforce positive behaviors and attitudes. By the end of the workbook, parents will have developed a toolkit of positive affirmations and strategies to support their children’s emotional and mental well-being.
Prayer for Your Children
Lord I pray that you will protect my children and keep them save. Cover them by the blood of your son Jesus Christ, as they journey through out their lives, guide them to the right direction in life. Please allow the Holy Spirit to continue to lead and guide them as they grow older. I pray that you will be done in their lives, give them wisdom to know the difference between right and wrong. Activate the spirit gift of discernment into them so they will always keep you first in their lives and they will not be fooled by the enemy.
In Jesus Name, I pray, Amen!